Monday 30 April 2007

My very exciting blog!

So, another weekend come and gone! It was a return to my "weekend dad" alter-ego this weekend with Melissa returning to work!

Saturday was mainly spent at my mum's house setting up her new broadband etc. However, I'm told by more experienced bloggers than I that this isn't very exciting, and if in doubt, to make it up. Therefore, ignore the start of this paragraph, and just know that Saturday was actually spent wrestling tigers, sailing the high seas, jousting with bad knights, and defeating the dark lord of the sith to generally ensure that by Saturday evening the good had out, and the people of the world could relax with a warm fuzzy feeling, knowing that all was well!!

Having done all of that, Saturday evening was spent with friends, something we hadn't done for a long while and was great to spend time with them.

Sunday was the usual mad rush! Melissa went to work yesterday afternoon and Eloise wanted to "make cakes"!! Hmmmmm, now I'm not bad in the kitchen, if I do say so myself, but I struggled with this one!! We started with 10 cake cases, but somehow only finished with 8 cakes!! The instructions on the cake mix packet (Disney Princess, if you're interested!) then told me to mix a "little" water with the icing sugar to make the icing. Great!, how much is a "little"?? - what I do know is that it is less than the amount I actually did add. So we have cakes (of sorts) waiting to be iced today.

So there we go, such excitement!!

4 comments:

Fiona said...

You should have called in the services of the Domestic Goddess!

Unknown said...

Ha! I have an issue with runny icing too! No matter how little water I put in, the icing is always ridiculously runny!

Fiona said...

Think we might need an icing "Masterclass"!!!

Dawn said...

Can it be classed as a spiritaul gift?