Tuesday 17 April 2007

Best Feet Forward

There's a pedial theme to today's entry (that's foot-like, in the same way that "Cupboardy" is Cupboard like!)

Yesterday Eloise went to her first Ballet Lesson. She was very excited, although disappointed that she didn't have a leotard and tutu like the other children - This has now been ordered! I was treated to a "replay" of the class's events when I got home from work. Needless to say, she has an elegance, grace and poise that she could only have inherited from me ( and anyone who has ever seen my "Beyonce" would know that that's the truth!!) She's growing up very quickly!! Maisie smiled and giggled her way through the repeat showing in the lounge last night, and it's only going to be a matter of time before she starts joining in!!

The other "foot-related" news is as a result of my ongoing weight loss - Have felt the need to set myself a challenge once I get to my desired weight, and first started looking into this a couple of months ago, it's been a bit overtaken with the events of the last couple of months though. However, now beginning to look again at a plan to walk the Great Wall of China (well, part of it, not all of it!) next year. I will be doing it in aid of Little Havens Childrens Hospice (Where Melissa works), and will probably be doing it in October of next year. It's all very early stages of planning at the moment, but if all works out I will need to raise quite a lot of sponsorship, so be warned!!! I'll also need some advice on comfortable, functional walking boots from the walkers amongst you!!!

Have a good day everyone!

G

1 comment:

Andy said...

Fella, I can tell you all about walking the Great Wall... in great detail... and probably will at some point soon. But do it, it's flipping brilliant (as long as you don't mind getting hassled the whole way for tourist tat by very persistent locals).

Need a walking buddy?