Tuesday 10 April 2007

Go easy on me, I'm new to this!!

Well, seems I'm arriving at this pretty late, and as everyone else seems to be doing it then perhaps I should too!!

Choices, choices - what to call my blog, what template should I use?? Good job it's pretty quiet at work today - they were tricky calls to make!! I'm sure that someone has done a psychological survey on what you call your blog says about you, so I await some analysis!!

Like I say, quiet at work today - as some of you know I've recently got a new job, so it kind of feels like I'm "marking time" at the moment until the end of my notice period (middle of June!!).

Easter weekend has been good, and been able to spend a lot of time with the family. Saturday morning was spent at Lakeside (was just supposed to be a quick visit, but before we knew it, it was 3pm!) Although Eloise seemed to think the only purpose was to get her a new Recorder (hers was recently broken) and some "scoop" sweets.

Challenging service on Sunday morning, which gave us plenty to think about. Eloise spent time at the end of the meeting "exploring" the tomb, Maisie spent time growling, and blowing raspberries at the back row! Sunday evening's meeting was eventful for the wrong reasons! After thinking I felt a bit strange (no comments anyone!), I felt decidedly "dodgy" whilst the songsters sung - tingling fingers, light-headed, blurry vision. Managed to make it to the end of the song, but then decided it was probably best to go home! Made it back and into bed, where I proceeded to spend most of Easter Monday - great! especially as it was so sunny! Now I'm not suggesting that the sudden illness on Sunday evening was anything to do with having lunch at my mum's on Sunday afternoon but...............!

For other reasons, it was a great weekend - 6 points for Colchester United, 3 of them at the expense of Southend, which is always satisfying! And the play offs are still in reach!

No songster practice tonight - which is great (oops, should I be saying that??!!) as it's the last ever episode of "Life on Mars", one of the best series to grace our tv screens in recent years, so please note, I will be completely incommunicado between 9 & 10pm tonight - absolutely, totally, and that is in no way negotiable!!!!

Well, not sure how interesting anyone will find that, but hey, I'm up and running - comments anyone!!

G

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wahoo! Graeme. Welcome.

I am so excited.

xxx

Liz said...

Hi there - just do overdo it on your first few goes!!

Fiona said...

Well Done Graeme.

I have an account but no blog yet!!

Just manage to read everyone elses and no time to set up my own.

Jude said...

hi de hi Gorilla!
glad you've had a productive day at work! not that i can talk I learnt how to spend 10mins searching through a pile of forms 7 times to file one sheet in the right place (yep on the top of the pile hehehe!)
hope your feeling better today.