Thursday 12 April 2007

Thursday, It's the new Friday

Hurrah, today is my "Friday" - not working tomorrow, so I'm in a good mood!! Quite excited, off to the company box at Tottenham tonight for the UEFA cup game, where one of the guests will be a chap by the name of Karl Duguid - captain of the mighty Colchester United. Yes, I have the number of a professional footballer in my phone book!

Spent the evening watching tv last night. Loving the new series of "The Apprentice", this lot are hilarious - the brightest young entrepreneurs in Britain?? Don't make me laugh!! But the one that got me last night was Property Ladder - I'm not a huge fan of property programmes, but Melissa likes them, so I do my husbandly duty and watch them with her!! Although, truth be told, I actually quite like this one - which is odd, because it entertains and frustrates me in equal measure. Why oh why oh why does nobody take notice of her advice, she's an expert property developer for crying out loud!! And why volunteer to go on the programme in the first place if you're not going to listen to her advice!! You know, there's probably a testimony in there somewhere!!! Mind you, the family on there last night, after taking no heed of her opinions, ended up with an £85,000 profit, at which point the "Property Ladder is a bit like life" analogy kind of falls down!!!!!

Have a good weekend everyone,

G

10 comments:

Jude said...

'company box' is that not just a cheeky way of telling staff to take full advantage of free seats?! I'll never understand how 'grown ups' get to watch matches and play rounds of golf and put it down to 'work' maybe when I'm a grown up I'll understand!....!

Graeme said...

Oh Foxlet! It's a very important tool for meeting new clients and introducing them to our services. It is absolutely not an excuse to go to a football match, eat and drink at my bosses expense, and get to meet the captain of the world's greatest football team - No, it is not, no, no, no.....Convinced anyone??

I'd also like to refute the suggestion in your comment that I am, in any way, grown up!!!

Liz said...

See Claires blog about being a grown up and my comment - it all fits!!

Liz said...

How comes me and Dawn are just 'Liz' and 'Dawn' on your list when everyone else has a nickname??

Graeme said...

Because I couldn't think of anything!! Leave it with me though, I'm sure I can come up with something!!

Anonymous said...

at least your even on the list!!!!!
hehe!

Bec said...

Seconded Sarah he he he :->

Graeme said...

What you talking about??? You're both on the list ;-)!!!

Unknown said...

They lost! Was it a really pants game?

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the property ladder thing, right down to hating those programmes but watching out of husbandly duty!!

If I was her I'd be well hacked off if I went there to offer FREE advice and they went "mmm no because my son got a really good mark in technology at school so we reallt think his idea of a revolving door with light sensitive curtains would be better than an extra bedroom" (not something that's happened.....yet!!)