Tuesday 1 May 2007

A Tribute

Forgive me this indulgence, but going to use my blog today to pay tribute to my Nana. I realised this morning that it's 15 years ago today that she passed away.

Nana was, without doubt, the biggest single influence on me as I was growing up. The balance of reason when my crazy teenage ideas and dreams ran away with me, and the "still, small voice of calm" in conflict.

I spent a lot of time with her as a child, and a teenager, not because I had to, but because I wanted to. Life moves on, I know, but I would love for her to have been here to know Eloise and Maisie (and obviously, Melissa too!!).

So here's to you Nana, I miss you.

3 comments:

Ann said...

You must speak to Richard about Nanas! I think that generational relationship is so important for our children. Looking at Libby and Goeff cleaning the hall today was very special - she will always remember these moments, I am sure.

Liz said...

My Grandma Fuller was real hands on Grandma, and I guess my dad learned alot from her. She took me to see all the Disney movies as they came out ( and I mean the first time round and none of this pixar digital nonsence) amongst a million other things - we went to Colchester Zoo on the bus from Ipswich, she took me when she went to look after her 'old ladies' and speak at Home Leagues and Over 60's clubs. Cindy Hagger reminds me a lot of her - she was fearless!
... and D, she was Northern, so I was bought up on ' oor noor' and 'eehh pet'!

I treasure our wedding video for a number of reasons, but one of the hilights is my Grandma getting all confused and giggly about where she should be standing in the family picture line up - priceless.

Yeah - big up Grandmas and Nanas, they rule the world.

Kat said...

Nana's are so great.They are the ones who take you out to loads of exciting places and spoil you rotten. They also make the best roast dinners! Just found ur blog hope you're ok.