Sunday 20 July 2008

They grow up so fast!!

It's been a busy few weeks with lots of family events, and milestones! And lots of reminders that my little girls are growing up VERY quickly!


This photo of Eloise was taken last week on our (now) annual family outing to Greenwich. We started this 3 years ago, just me, Melissa and Eloise, and had such a good day that we've ended up spending a day there every year since (obviously now joined by Maisie, and other members of the family over the past couple of years!!). Anyway, Eloise has now officially left Pre-School, with her final day being Friday, when they finished up with a Beach Party. It's odd to think that this is the same tiny little person I held in my arms on that wet Saturday night in November 2003, it seems to have passed so quickly. Now she has School uniform hanging in her wardrobe ready for the upcoming September morning when she attends school for the first time! Although no-one from her Pre-School will read this blog (as far as I'm aware!), Melissa and I have to say that they have been brilliant for the last 2 and a bit years. Eloise has loved her time there, and they've prepared her well for her move up to "big" school - for her part, she can't wait to get started. And now the Pre-School staff have a few months to catch their breath, and prepare themselves for the arrival of Hurricane Howell part 2 in January next year! And here she is:


Maisie hits 2 in September. In some ways she is a completely different character to Eloise, but has seemed to grow up so much just in the last few weeks. Her speech is coming on really well now, and she's not backward in coming forward, particularly if she doesn't agree with what you are saying! As Nanny discovered last week when she referred to her new cardigan as a jacket!! She loves trying new things, and dotes on her big sister, who is happy to reciprocate.

And finally to my other girl!!:

As you may recall, in my last blog I mentioned that Melissa had been into hospital for some surgery. Well, that all went well, and she is now on the road to recovery, although still a little bit sore around the area of her head where her "lump" was removed. The photo above was taken at a recent family wedding, and I just thought I'd add it because she looks so lovely in it!

I'm incredibly proud of my girls! We've just booked a family holiday for next Easter, just the four of us, where we're going to go on a little adventure to France for a week, driving over there, staying on a campsite, and driving back again! The times we spend together are ones that I cherish, particularly as events continue to develop around us, and sometimes it feels like we're "running through treacle" - at least I have three reasons for keeping a smile on my face!

5 comments:

Katie said...

What a beautiful family you have! :-D

Andy said...

Love the pics mate, all three of them.

Proud to be godparents to those little girls, chuffed to be your friends!

Anonymous said...

Graeme - all of you are lovely and your wife is looking particularly stunning!

Unknown said...

Graeme! I nearly cried! That was beautiful!

Liz said...

Mr G - it's been a while. Was going to message you on the old FB, but got distracted by something else, which is poor, but true!

Hello :)