Thursday 26 June 2008

June Journal!

It has been observed that I have yet to blog in June, so I thought I'd better rectify the matter before incurring further wrath from the general direction of South Essex!



So June began much as May had ended, with me completing my "UK Pension Tour" 2008. I finished (as all good tours should) in London on 9th June - Wembley was busy though, so I had to make do with a conference room on the 3rd floor of an office complex in Farringdon. It brought to an end a four week tour that had seen my deliver my presentation a grand total of 33 times in Newcastle, Scarborough, Barnsley, Birmingham, Norwich, Letchworth, Richmond, London, Basildon, Colchester, Hammersmith, Lewisham, Burton on Trent, Southampton, Letchworth (again), Southgate, Hornsey, Letchworth (for the 3rd time), Slough, and London. Now I get a few months respite, until I set out on repeat performances sometime in October. Book early to avoid disappointment!



Also this month saw our first meeting at the School Eloise will be starting in September - we're pleased that she got into the first choice school, and also that she will be in the class we were hoping she would be allocated to, but having to start buying school uniform, book bags etc is still all a bit odd!



Maisie is now hurtling towards her 2nd birthday in September, with her own individual character developing more each day. She's talking more now, and loves to be doing whatever her big sister is doing. She has also started "music and movement" session and now looks forward to her Thursday morning Dance!!



Today has been a bit fraught as Melissa has been into hospital for some surgery. About 6 months ago she noticed a lump that had appeared above her ear. After numerous tests it was found to be benign, but still had to go in to have it removed. Thankfully it turned out to be fairly straightforward surgery, but she is spending tonight in hospital as she recovers from the after effects of the operation.



Lastly, this month has seen me get my 15 minutes of fame with a feature in Weight Watchers magazine - I blogged about the photo shoot back in April, and the results were published a few weeks back. The magazine is still available in newsagents, but probably only for another week or so - check it out!!



Finally, next Monday, 30th June, is the fourth anniversary of my dad dying. Seems four years has gone very quickly, and Eloise still talks about her "Grandad Charlie" although she only knew him for a few months. It's saddens me to think that Maisie won't ever be able to form any memories of him, but in some ways I'm comforted that he hasn't had to face some of the events of the last 18 months. Love you Dad and still miss you every day.

6 comments:

Fiona said...

So tell me Graeme, what has Letchworth got to warrant soooo many visits?

Glad Melissa is OK and wishing her a speedy recovery.

Graeme said...

It's got the company's head office!!

Fiona said...

That would explain it then!!

Liz said...

4 years? That time has flown by. Thinking about you ALL!

Katie said...

Very good blogging Graeme.

Am just living up to my title of Best Supporting Blogger 2008.

Jenny said...

Glad to hear Melissa is doing so well. We bought your mag.... very proud to know such a famous person!!
Take care all.