Tuesday 15 April 2008

Strike a pose....

So, last Thursday saw me setting off to London for the day to take part in the Weight Watchers photo shoot that I mentioned in my last post.

It was a really good day, although a bit long - there was quite a lot of standing around and waiting actually, so I'm not sure I could handle being a model and doing that everyday! The official shots aren't out yet, but one of the other guys took some pictures on his own camera, so I thought I'd share some as a bit of a taster.


As you can see, there were four of us taking part in the shoot, and the morning was spent doing the group shots, however, before any photos could be taken we had to have our hair sorted out and make up applied. The make up artist in question has worked with lots of famous people and also does the hair and make up for Eastenders - she said she would make us look like stars, so I chose Dot Cotton!


Breakfast was kindly laid on for us - Croissants and Pain au Chocolat - we did point out that feeding us with that kind of food kind of missed the point of why we were there in the first place, so the Weight Watchers magazine staff ate them instead - a very cunning plan!

The photographer was excellent, really put us at ease and made us feel comfortable. Very funny guy as well, and the photos looked great on his laptop. In the afternoon it was time for individual shots and a change of outfit, before the day was over and we all went home.

It was a great, if slightly surreal, experience - I never thought I'd see the day I featured in Weight Watchers magazine. The feature is appearing in the July issue, which hits the shops at the beginning of June, now if you'll excuse me I have to go, I have a meeting with my agent.......!

3 comments:

Liz said...

So...did you do any singing then? You all look like the Thin Kings Singers!

Katie said...

Looking very suave (not sure how you spell that) in those photos... good work! Sounds like you had a great time, will keep an eye out for the magazine when it's published :-)

Ed said...

Looking at those tux photos, my first thought was how G4 have let themselves go ...